What is forex card?
When travelling abroad, a forex card is the most convenient way to keep foreign currency on hand to cover the expenses. A forex card is a foreign currency prepaid card that you can load with a pre-determined sum. As a result, rather than carrying cash, you can use the card to pay for your bills when travelling abroad. It is a safer and unquestionably superior method of storing foreign currency.
A forex card resembles a prepaid card, such as a debit card. With a forex card, you have the option of filling your account with funds in a foreign currency. Since it is approved worldwide, you can use your forex card to pay bills or withdraw money from a foreign currency ATM.
Types of forex cards
Forex cards are mostly categorized into two types. One is called single currency cards and the other one is known as multi currency cards. Let us get into more details for greater understanding of both types of cards:
- Single Currency Forex Card: In this card, you can load one foreign currency. If you are just travelling to one country, you can buy the forex card.
- Multi Currency Forex Card: As the name suggests it, you can load multiple currencies in this type of card. Forex card vendors allow you to load as many as 14 currencies in this card. This is perfect for someone who will be travelling to multiple countries and will require different currencies. In this scenario, you do not need to worry about carrying different foreign currency notes.
How does a forex card works?
As we previously said, it functions similarly to a debit card that you use on a regular basis. You must first submit an application for a card. When it’s approved, you’ll be given a card with a pin, just like a debit card. The pin can now be modified.
The forex cards are approved all over the world and are a less expensive and safer alternative to carrying currency notes. In a multi-currency card, BookMyForex lets you load upto 14 currencies.
You have to keep in mind that forex cards aren’t accepted at all places, for example some of the highway tolls do not accept transactions via forex card. If you have a single currency card and you try to do a payment in a currency other than the one on your card, there are high chances that it may fail and in case it becomes successful, you will have to pay high charges on the transaction. You can easily spot the fact about how similar a forex card and our normal debit card is.
When you’re in a foreign land, you can simply swipe your forex card to pay for all of your expenses, whether it’s shopping for clothes or eating dinner somewhere. When you use your regular debit or credit cards, you will receive an SMS as well as an email notification of your purchase and remaining balance.
You can load/unload the forex card using the vendor’s platform.
Benefits of Using a Forex Card
With a forex card, you enjoy a number of benefits. Here are some of these mentioned down below:
- As compared to buying foreign currency in cash, Forex Cards offer better exchange rates. It is also less costly for lenders to have Forex Cards rather than giving foreign currency in cash.
- Foreign currency is loaded on forex cards at fixed exchange rates. As a result, they are unaffected by currency movements in the forex market.
- Forex cards are a safer mode of carrying foreign currency than cash because chip and pin technology is used to protect your funds. If your forex card is lost or stolen, it can be quickly blocked and the balance frozen. The money can then be transferred to the secondary forex card that was issued in conjunction with the first one.
- Several foreign currencies may be kept on a single forex card at the same time. The number of currencies that a bank can provide varies by bank; however, an online forex and remittance platform like BookMyForex have a unique tie-up with banks, and if you purchase a forex card on our platform, you can get some great deals and offers. Some forex card vendors can hold up to 10 currencies, while some vendors offer cards which can hold up to 14 currencies in the multi-currency forex card.
Click here to read more on benefits of forex card.
Why BookMyForex’s Multi Currency Prepaid Forex Card is the Best Option for You?
There are a number of reasons why BookMyForex multi currency travel card is the best forex card for you and why you should get one before you head to your international destination:
- Zero charges: With the BookMyForex travel card, you do not have to pay any sort of charges for getting the card issued. You also pay absolutely zero charges on reloading the card as well as unloading the card. With this, you save up on a significant amount of charges that can be spent elsewhere during your trip.
- Exact interbank rates: With the BookMyForex travel card, our users enjoy loading the card with foreign currency at exact interbank rates. The users do not have to bear any added margins, we take care of that. As a result, the travel card users save around 0.5% – 2% over foreign currency notes, 0.5% – 2.5% over traveller’s cheque and a whooping 3.5% – 6% over your credit/debit cards. BookMyForex travel card will act as your true companion while you do the spending overseas.
- Free Insurance Cover: Even in case of a mishap where you encounter a fraud, you have an insurance cover that will take care of the situation. So you can be rest assured and enjoy your trip with peace of mind.
At BookMyForex, we have sold over 1.25 lac forex cards and our users have loaded over INR 1400 crores in the forex cards that they have purchased. Our customers have saved a combined total of over INR 19 crores.