You can apply for a forex card on BookMyForex by following these steps:
Step 1: Go & visit BookMyForex forex card page. Now you have to select your city and choose the currency you wish to purchase.
Step 2: Now enter the forex amount and add it to your product. Tap on the ‘Book this order’ button and the whole order flow page will open up on your screen.
Step 3: Just confirm the order details, apply a discount code if you have one and continue to the next step.
Step 4: Now you have to select the countries you are travelling to, the start date of your trip as well as the end date of your trip.
Step 5: As per the Reserve Bank of India guidelines, you have to select the purpose of your visit. You can choose the one that fits best from a list of purposes mentioned.
Now you can upload the documents as requested and proceed further.
Step 6: Select the address where the forex card will be delivered to your doorstep. Then you have to make the required payment and that’s it. It is just that simple.
In case you have any queries regarding this, you can simply give us a call on +91 9212219191 and our customer support executive will be happy to help you.
Documents required to apply for a forex card on BookMyForex
To buy a forex card in India, you will need the following documents:
- Passport’s front page and back page
- Valid Visa
- Air Ticket showing travel within 60 days
- Copy of PAN Card
BookMyForex’s customers can upload the necessary documents online. When a customer uploads a document to the website, BookMyForex watermarks it to ensure the protection of the data and documentation submitted by the customer. Watermarking specifically specifies the document’s intended usage and prohibits it from being misappropriated for other objectives.
So you do not need to worry about sending your personal documents to us. At BookMyForex, we take our customer’s privacy very seriously.
Charges and Fee Structure of a BookMyForex Travel Card
As we just discussed about the various forex card charges in great detail, here is a table containing the fees/charges that you will be paying if you get a forex card from us:
|Cross Currency Fee*||3.5% of Transaction Value|
|Inactivity Fee* (Inactive period 12 months from the last transaction on the card)||USD 5/eqv|
|Cash Disbursement fee*||2% of transaction amount|
Things to watch out for while purchasing a Forex Card
- Before you buy a forex card, always confirm about all the charges as mentioned above. The charges vary from a vendor to vendor. To avoid any sort of discrepancy, keep a copy of the charges with you.
- Do not forget to check with the vendor regarding the daily usage limit of the card that you wish to opt for.
- Always keep the helpline number of the card vendor. In case a mishap happens, you should be able to quickly get in touch with the issuer and take the required steps.
- Always go through the insurance cover documents thoroughly without fail. Some of the card vendors try to sneak in a few clauses that might be open to interpretation, so it is highly advised to go through it and consult on anything that sounds shady to you.
Why should you go for a BookMyForex travel card over others?
There are many reasons why BookMyForex multi-currency travel is the best forex card in India and why you should get one before you travel internationally:
- Zero charges: With the BookMyForex travel card, there are no fees associated with having the card released. You also don’t have to pay anything to reload or unload the card. This allows you to save a considerable amount of money that you can use elsewhere on your journey.
- Exact interbank rates: Our customers can load their BookMyForex travel card with foreign currency at exact interbank rates. Users are not responsible for any additional margins; we take care of that. As a result, travel card users save 0.5 percent to 2 percent when compared to foreign currency notes, 0.5 percent to 2.5 percent when compared to traveler’s checks, and 3.5 percent to 6 percent when compared to credit/debit cards. When you’re spending money abroad, the BookMyForex travel card will be your ultimate buddy.
- Free Insurance Cover: If you have an accident and become a victim of fraud, you have an insurance policy that will protect you. As a result, you can relax and enjoy your trip without fear.
At BookMyForex, we have sold over 1.25 lac forex cards and our users have loaded over INR 1400 crores in the forex cards that they have purchased. Our customers have saved a combined total of over INR 19 crores.
So what are you waiting for? Go purchase your BookMyForex travel card now.