Travelling can be a beautiful experience. But it also brings with it the risk of things going wrong despite careful planning. Although you may not be able to control external factors that might cause disruptions in your travel plans, you can definitely choose to opt for travel insurance from BookMyForex to help you face any financial setbacks that might occur. This way you can travel overseas with your loved ones keeping all your worries aside.
With air travel becoming cheaper and the availability flexible travel/holiday plans offered by various companies, traveling abroad has seen a surge this decade. With such a remarkable increase in a number of travelers, there has also been an increase in travel related risks like loss of baggage on the airport, loss of passport etc. However, people are still reluctant in buying travel insurance. Here are a few excuses people give:
- Travel Insurance is too Expensive
- Nothing Will Happen to My Bags
- Health Insurance Will Cover Me In Case of Medical Emergencies
- My Trip is Well Planned, Nothing Can Go Wrong
- Travel Insurance is Short Lived
Why Travel Insurance?
Purchasing a travel insurance is about ensuring that your holidays are smooth, glitch-and-accident free. Your friends and family back home are waiting for fascinating stories and you don’t want to bore them about the disasters and schadenfreude that you’d to face. Travel insurances ensure that you don’t end up losing thousands of rupees because you tried to save few hundred. But while purchasing travel insurance you have to be very wary of those dodgy travel agencies and of those expensive “reputable” travel insurance company.
There are certain key features one should look at while buying a plan:
- Compensation for Flight issues: When your flight is delayed or cancel you will be provided accommodation during the waiting period.
- Cover You For All the Medical Emergencies: If you meet with an accident or there is any other medical emergency, your plan should cover the hospital bills and other related expenses.
- Travel and Accommodation: If an emergency arises which results in trip termination or delay, and the expenses arising out of hotel accommodation, in-between transportation etc should be covered by the policy.
- Legal Liability and expenses: Travel insurance should cover any legal liability and corresponding legal expenses whatsoever.
- Covers You Against a Burglary While You Are Away: In case you get robbed, your travel insurance should cover you against all kind of thefts.
Types of Travel insurance coverage:
- Individual travel insurance: Like the name suggests, it covers one individual during their travel.
- Family Travel insurance: It covers the entire family of the insured individual during travel from travel-related emergencies.
- Senior Citizen Travel insurance: It is for people in the age group of 60-70.
- Student Travel Insurance: This policy is designed for students traveling abroad on a student visa to pursue higher studies. This cover is comprehensive and even covers any study interruptions.
- Corporate travel insurance: Designed for employees of the corporates.
- Single trip insurance: Provides coverage for the duration of an entire trip.
- Multi-trip insurance: Offers extended coverage, usually for a year, specially designed for frequent travelers so that they don’t have to purchase a cover every single time they travel abroad.
However, there are some exceptions or exclusions to a travel insurance policy:
- Flights/trains missed due to a civil war, unrest or local protests.
- Expenses incurred during the civil war, unrest or local protest.
- Baggage delay that is less than 24 hours.
- Damage/loss of keys
- Pre-existing medical conditions leading to hospitalization.
BookMyForex Travel Products:
BookMyForex has tied up with some of the reputed insurance providers of the country to make overseas traveling easy and cheap for travelers. Catering to people from all walks of life, BookMyForex’s Travel Insurance Plans are of two types- Travel Prime Coverage and Travel Elite.
1: Travel Prime Coverage Plans:
- Travel Prime Superage: For travelers who are in the age band of 71-90 years and above. This plan covers everything, from Travel delays due to a Hijack to an Emergency cash benefit. This Plan covers losses up to 50,000 USD
- Travel Prime age: For travelers who fall in the age band of 61-70 years. The plan comes in 4 categories- Silver(50,000 USD), Gold(200,000 USD), Platinum( 500,000 USD), Super Platinum(750,000 USD) and Maximum (10,00,000 USD)
- Individual Plan: Covers travelers who fall in the age band of 6-60 years. This plan comes in 4 categories-Silver(50,000 USD), Gold(200,000 USD), Platinum( 500,000 USD), Super Platinum(700,000 USD) and Maximum (10,00,000 USD)
- Corporate Multi-Trip Policy: A comprehensive package which provides complete medical and health cover to the international business traveler.This policy comes in 4 categories- Lite(250,000 USD), Plus(500,000 USD), Maximum(10,00,000 USD), Age Lite( age band 61-70, 50,000 USD), and Age Plus (Age band 61-70 years, 200,000 USD)
- Family Policy- It covers the entire family (self & spouse – up to 60 years of age and 2 children – under the age of 21 years) for medical eventualities abroad and provides floater benefit to individual family members. Comes in two categories- Standard(50,000 USD) and Silver(100,000USD)
- Student Policy– The study plan is customized for students traveling abroad for studies. It caters to the medical exigencies that a student might face while studying abroad. Based on premium, sum insured and certain other criteria, there are six options to choose from under this student travel insurance plan – Silver(100,000 USD), Gold(200,000 USD), Platinum(300,000 USD), Super Gold(500,000 USD), Super Platinum(750,000 USD) and Maximum(1 million USD.
2: Travel Elite Plans
This plan comes with 3 choices– Travel Elite Silver, Travel Elite Gold and Travel Elite Platinum. The plan has 4 policy categories-
- For the age group 0.6 months to 60 years
- Corporate Multi-trip and Family policy
- For the age group 60-70 years
- For the age group 71-85 years.
- Travel Asia Flair- The Travel Asia Policy is a comprehensive package which provides complete medical and health cover for the international traveler.
You can choose any plan based on your requirements.
Why BookMyForex Travel Insurance plans
- Innovative packages to match individual needs.
- Quick disbursement of claims.
- Student and senior citizen specific insurance covers.
- Covers expenses of hospitalization, loss of baggage, trip cancellation, trip curtailment and burglary of your home*.
- BookMyForex is an approved Corporate agent of IRDA to issue travel insurance.
Travelling opens new doors of knowledge and enhances your personality. While you are gaining new experiences in life, make sure you secure yourself fro, financial blows by investing in travel insurance
Travel safe and secure. And create memories.